| About Us
| Qedit for Windows News
| Next Version
Changes in Qedit for Windows 4.7.07
New Features and Enhancements
- When using the Open Host File dialog box,
Qedit now uses the connection name of the active window, if it is a host file.
If there is no active document or if the active window is on a local file,
Qedit uses the connection used on the last host file open.
- When printing to a local printer, Qedit tries to fit as much information on the header
line as it can. If the information exceeds the line width, Qedit replaces the middle
part of the file name with an ellipsis.
- The Record Length for a local file must now be between 1 and 8172.
- In previous versions, local filenames were stored in the document database with
lowercase characters only. Qedit would then save these files the same way. This
caused some software, such as the Java compiler, to fail to recognize the files.
Names of local files are now stored as typed in the document database, preserving
lowercase and uppercase characters.
- The Save command and tool are now enabled after undoing changes from a
- In a split-view window, Qedit now correctly preserves the selection and insertion point
location in each pane.
- When printing on a local printer, Qedit correctly wraps long lines on word boundaries
based on the file Language setting.
- Qedit now adjusts the timestamp for Daylight Savings Time on the right day i.e. first
Sunday of April.
- Changing the Language of a host file to Cobx does not report a server error