| Qedit for Windows News
| Next Version
Changes in Qedit for Windows 4.8.03
New Features and Enhancements
- The document shortcut menu (right-click on the document workspace) has a new command:
Copy pathname to clipboard. This command copies the fully-qualified name of the
file opened in the active document window. The name is then available for pasting
- Also on the document shortcut menu, there are new commands to
save the current cursor position (Push location on caret stack) or to return to a
previously saved location (Pop caret).
- If the Caret allowed in undefined areas option is enabled, Qedit does not scroll
left or right while you browse through a file. The caret should remain in the same column
even if the lines have different lengths.
- Pasting lines in a host Cobol source file now updates the tag values for the affected
lines only. In previous versions, Qedit was updating one line too many.
- Pasting a rectangular selection enables the Save tool correctly.
- Using the Insert command to insert text in specific columns
of a selection now updates the correct number of lines.
Future Versions of Qedit for Windows
If you would like to know what is coming in future versions of Qedit
for Windows, take a look at the
Qedit for Windows Scripting Language.