Qedit Production Web Page
This page is to let our Qedit users know what
is available from our production version of
Qedit Production Highlights
The current production version of Qedit is 6.3.
- More work has been done to extend Qedit to work properly beyond 2027 date limitation on HP 3000.
- Qedit for HP-UX now writes out the size of a fixed length file when making a file fixed length, with set keep var off. It will also write out a file as to whether or not Line Feeds are on or off. The files are local to your working directory under the names .qxrecsize and .qxlf.
- The Qedit for Windows Server login now supports PAM, which in turn supports LDAP login.
- Request a download.
- Qedit for MPE Change Notice
- Qedit for HP-UX Change Notice
- Qedit on HP-UX now has the command set compatvarsub on which does not replace $-variables
that are not defined with spaces. It simply passes the $token, thru to the Qedit command interpreter
if the variable is not defined.
- The Find command could potentially abort when printing the caret indicating where a string was located, if the record size and display size were greater than 132 bytes and the string found was beyond 132 bytes.
- Request a download.
- Qedit for HP 3000 Version 6.0 change notice
- Qedit for HP-UX Version 6.0 change notice
New features and bug fixes found in Qedit 5.9 for MPE and HP-UX include:
- Qedit Server on Hp-UX now supports the Long Password
feature described here, which supports >8 character lengths
for Shadow Passwords. Improvements have been made to error
reporting for login error messages. (5.8.10)
- Qedit Server and Qedit host on HP-UX now supports Long Usernames (up to 80 characters) thru the 11.31 utility of
- Qedit now recognizes .cob and .COB as Cobol files. (5.8.10)
New features and bug fixes found in Qedit 5.8 for MPE and HP-UX include:
- Visual mode updates would fail with Bad Format error if the length
of the file was less than 52 bytes.
- Qedit did not recognizes files with the extension .cpy as Cobol files.
- The Text command would abort with Integer Divide by Zero error when
trying to text in some large variable length and bytestream files. (5.7.11)
- Regular Expressions. Qedit would improperly report the error
"String longer than maximum allowed" if the expression specified is
longer than the window of the rangelist. (HP-UX/MPE) (5.7.10)
- Shadow Passwords. Qedit for HP-UX did not support Shadow Passwords properly
for all versions of HP-UX. (5.7.10)
New features and bug fixes found in Qedit 5.7 for MPE and HP-UX include:
- MPE commands with long Info= string do not cause stack corruption anymore.
- A rangelist can now have an AND keyword with up to 10 search strings.
All strings must be found on a single line for the line to be selected. Each string can
have its own search window.
New features and bug fixes in Qedit for HP-UX only include:
- Escape sequences to set/reset terminal tab stops appear in output file when Qedit's output is redirected as in
$ qedit > qedit.out
Qedit now resets the tab stops when running in interactive mode only. Redirection is assumed to be batch mode.
The following enhancements have been implemented in the Qedit for Windows server.
- The server correctly returns error 90 when the modified record length is greater
than the maximum allowed in the current workfile.
You can read more about the new features in this version at the
Change Notice Page.
Go back to ...