| About Us
| Qedit for Windows News
| Next Version
Changes in Qedit for Windows 4.6.06
- Qedit now supports 7-bit national replacement character sets.
The following Connection Dialog screen shows the new option for
configuring 7-bit character support:
- Qedit now remembers the last 15 search strings used. The next example
shows a COBOL editing session and the last several search strings:
- You can request the MPE server to execute qeditmgr configuration files located in the PUB group of the logon account and in the logon group for that connection.
Use the "Configure Server Settings" dialog to specify your qeditmgr preferences:
- New Preferences:
- You can now set default search options in the Preferences dialog.
- You can now set the default font to be used in document windows in the Preferences dialog or in the File Options dialog.
- Qedit now recognizes and uses tab stops defined in any of configuration files on an MPE server.
- Qedit correctly remembers the window attributes between invocation.
- The ruler bar and the line / column coordinates on the status bar correctly reflects a change in the Language attribute.
- The BACKSPACE key does not remove the previous character in Overwrite mode anymore.
- The Directory dialog correctly displays files from a MPE host running MPE/iX 4.0. You can also open files directly from the Directory list.
- If you are connected to the Qedit 4.6.51 server, Qedit can really open 10 files on the same connection even if you have requested a Directory listing. If you are connected to an earlier version of the server, you will only be able to open 8 files.
- If you are connected to the Qedit 4.6.51 server, the Directory listing can display a much larger number of files.
- Lines are displayed correctly after a Replace operation on selected text.
- Using TAB to move around in the Host Save As dialog now follows a more logical sequence.
- Selecting the password prompt feature now works correctly when used with the Login at startup option.
- Fixed intermittent problems when editing local files.
- Fixed intermittent problems where the client and the server were not synchronized anymore.
- The Auto-indent feature is now working properly.
- All active connections now appear correctly in the Disconnect command of the File menu.
- Sorting the Directory listing on the Last Modified column now displays correct results.