| About Us
| Qedit for Windows News
| Next Version
Changes in Qedit for Windows 4.6.09
|Printing a document to a host device has been enhanced considerably.
You now have access to the Print on Host dialog where you can
- specify the destination printer
- specify how much text you want printed
- request to see the host line numbers
- have the output shifted 4 columns over to the right
This feature is only available if you are running the new 4.6.54 server.
If you are running an earlier version of the server, the dialog still appears but all the
options are disabled and can not be changed.
||Print functions are available from the File menu. The Print command is for local printing.
The Page setup command allows you to specify the output format when sending the list to
a local printer. The Print on host command displays the new dialog.
These same commands are available from the new Print tool on the toolbar.If you click once
on the Print tool, you get the dialog for local printing.
If you click and hold the Print tool, you get a submenu with the print commands found
on the File menu.
- String search on a local file using the Ignore case option now works correctly.
- Doing a cut-and-paste operation on a Cobol source file with the Cobol tags option turned on
does not paste garbage characters anymore.
- Doing a cut-and-paste operation on a Cobol source file does not insert an extra blank line
after the pasted block.
- You can now assign COBX as the Language for a new host file.
- Qedit does not abort anymore when trying to replace the last characters of the last line in a local file.
- Qedit can now successfully open multiple POSIX files from the Directory dialog.
- Qedit does not get confused anymore if there is a file with the same name as a POSIX directory on MPE/iX. It displays the correct information and can open the file correctly.