| Qedit for Windows News
Changes in Qedit for Windows 5.6
Qedit for Windows 5.6 offers the following bug fixes:
- The Open Host File dialog handles longer names in the
Current directory: field.
- In some circumstances, Qedit for Windows was unable to recover a
corrupted document database. It should now be able to recover from most
- Qedit for Windows sometimes printed the page heading line with the color
of the last line of the previous page. The page heading should always print
in black from now on.
- Qedit for Windows aborted when trying to print a file which did not have
a syntax language associated. For example, this would happen with newly created
files which have not been saved with a known extension.
- The server may lose a file after detecting a problem such as running out
of disc space on a Save. Even subsequent saves would not write the
file back properly. The file could be saved only by doing a Save As.
Since the problem was on the server, you need to install the 5.5.10 server.
- A number of problems have been fixed in the server with no equivalent
changes in the client. One of these changes corrects a problem with the Undo
feature which may cause file corruption in some cases.